Hey, Artful Entrepreneur!
Are you trying to figure out a better way to market yourself and your creative business? Do you have a question about podcasting or need coaching on your podcast? Would you like to share some feedback or a potential podcast guest for the show? No matter what it is I’d love to hear from you.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ What is the general structure for a podcast?
Podcast shows and episodes come in all shapes and sizes and people are getting more and more creative with their shows as the medium continues to grow.
For interview-style shows like The Artful Entrepreneur podcast, the structure is generally: Intro Hook + Show intro + Episode intro + Interview/Topic + Outro
Shows can also have ads at the beginning, the middle, and/or the end of episodes, if that is something that you would like to have in your show. TIP: This is a great way to promote your business within the context of your show.
+ Is there a duration that converts the best?
Yes, the one that fits your content and keeps your audience engaged.
+ How did you come up with your niche audience?
Sharing the inspiring stories of “artful entrepreneurs” is my passion, is aligned with the mission of my business, and (because of my personal experience as a creative weirdo) is a niche I can happily talk about all day long.
+ What audio equipment do you use?
- Audio Technica ATR-2100 USB/XLR microphone*
- Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm* (mounts to desk or table and allows you to position the microphone where you want it)
- Microphone Shock Mount* (helps absorb vibrations the microphone can pick up while recording)
- Pop filter or Microphone Windscreen* (to get a better vocal recording and helps with "plosives" when speaking close to the microphone (i.e. "p" and "b" sounds)
- Amazon has a great microphone bundle* that is available right now for under $100
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Audio-Technica Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone with Knox Gear Pop Filter, Knox Gear Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm, and Knox Microphone Shock Mount USB and XLR cables are included
- Sony Professional Headphones*
- Zoom (FREE - for recording interviews anywhere in the world or from the comfort of your home/office)
- Adobe Audition (for recording/editing audio)
- Adobe Premiere Pro (for editing video/audio)
- BONUS: Auphonic (FREE - for creating "audiograms" (short waveform videos) to promote online)
- BONUS: Temi ($0.10/minute - for transcribing episodes)
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Basically, it’s like buying me a beer or a coffee.